Sunday, December 16, 2012

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays and best wishes in the new year! Best wishes  to everyone for 2013!

The highlight of my golf season this year (as usual) was playing in a weekend best-ball tournament with my 82 year old father as my partner, and watching him chip in for a birdie on the 18th hole par 4 hole, giving us a score of 69 (best-ball) for that day.
The highlight of my art career for 2012? A couple projects come to mind: I completed a handful of golf art images for Ernie Els' golf course design company, Els Design. I created golfscape paintings of several signature golf holes around the world that Ernie Els designed, and these art images were then used in magazine ads representing Els Design. Visit sasgolf.com to see these signature hole art images created for Ernie Els.
Also, earlier in 2012 my most recent illustrated children's picture book, Brothers At Bat (written by Audrey Vernick, and is the true story about 12 brothers who made baseball history), was released by Clarion Books, and in December the picture book was included in the New York Times Book Review list of Notable Picture Books for 2012... quite an accomplishment considering there were only 8 books on the list! Visit stevensalerno.com to view samples from Brothers At Bat by clicking on the "featured book" section.

-Steven Anthony Salerno




No comments:

Post a Comment